Monday 10 December 2012

By embedding objects in a solidificating liquid, an object is held still, and therefore decay with time is slowed down, within that space.

Below are captured objects, or a photographic memory of an object in the creation of a visual indulgence, by holding it still in a space.
As can be seen in my pieces below I have used resin casting or wax casting in the production of my still spaces.  What makes the colour within each piece is either cut up acetate printed  photo's i took of my wool instillation, or pieces of the actual wool, or a mixture of both. 
The reason i choose to use wool was because i didn't want to just discard the wool after i finished with my wool instillation piece, i wanted to see what else i could do with it, so I kept the wool at the time for later use. 
In my wool instillation i chose the use of wool because of its flexibility and it's fluid like abilities, but with these still pieces i choose it because of its ascetically pleasing quality.  
Now the wool is presented it in a different way, and in doing this, even though each project has a different concept, it is the materials that connect each project together. and I am giving a visual to my train of consciousness, or my thought process  through this project on space.


Resin piece's











































The hangings on the wall









 Wax piece's






















No comments:

Post a Comment