Thursday 22 November 2012

Print


What you see here is a laminating pocket that I have filled with wood chips I collected from my woodcut.  I sealed the pockets by putting them in a paper bag and ironing on low, and am delighted it worked.

Inside this laminating pocket I have inserted curled up wire 

And in this one i placed wool. 
In all three laminated pockets i positioned the materials in the shape of movement.
In my exploration of print i inked straight onto the surface of the first two of these laminated pieces and printed them which you will see below.  

A4 print of laminated wire. Positives: I like the continuality of line created by the wire, the contrast between wire and space around it, the wrinkles that have shown up in the plastic and the colour purple. Negatives: the plastic was lifting as i was rolling on the ink and it had to be held down with my fingers, which leaves fingerprints on the plastic and ink on my hands which end up with fingerprints on the paper, the plastic doesn't hold the ink smoothly and the print comes out with an uneven colour which leaves the print with an unprofessional finish
A4 print of laminated wood chip done in the yellow ink, and on top of that i printed in orange the opposite side of the lamination sheet.  Great to explore but I don't like finished piece as the inks are uneven and its uneasy on the eye in its confused layout.

A4 print of laminated wood chip done in the orange ink, and on top of that i printed  the laminated wire which i done in purple. Don't like the finished look. The orange and purple clash and have an uneven finish.


woodcut i made when i was exploring my natural space


 Although i didn't active an even inking i do really like the line of the image and the illusion of a 3d effect that i think i achieved by looking past the tree and into the forest.

Again the ink on my print is uneven, although i do like the use of the two colours as i feel it creates atmosphere.  It's not the usual way to add colour as i added it on to the same woodcut rather than than making up another one with opposite cuts

woodcut i made based on the displacement of space.

  Not a great photo buts its a print of the woodcut above based on the circular movement of the displacement of place. I don't think it works as a single colour piece but i think it might work with a another couple of woodcut with opposite cuts so to bring in more colour and enhance the essence of movement in the image 

No comments:

Post a Comment