Thursday 27 September 2012

light and refraction video's



In this video I was experimenting with light and refraction and how it interacts with space by using different media. I did this by capturing on video the images that where created from shinning light rays through a water filled thin glass bowl ,adding in colour, a Crystal and some glitter.

I created a dancing image on the wall through movement.

I used a Crystal to experiment with how light rays are scattered.  In doing this I created a moving translucent reflection of light, almost holographic, in that the moving images that was created was not reflected straight onto the wall but in the space between the wall and the camera.

 Above is an image that was created by light shinning through  the same coloured water in a thick glass bowl. the images above and below look more of a silhouette than the previous images created using the thin glass bowl, and they also loose the vibrancy of colour.
conclusion: the thicker the glass the less transparency is achieved, as light rays do not pass through at the same speed.

More of similar videos of experiments below:

I do like the use of light in installation but I feel like I have hit a brick wall, in that I have no interest in the science of light and that is where I feel I was headed.  So for me to move forward I am going to investigate positive and negative and see where it may lead me.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment