Thursday 20 September 2012

five senses work in progress

Sight

I am making a box which i will cut a hole in so that the viewer can look in.  The objective behind this is to intensify sensory awareness by isolating there sight to visually connect with the space.



I would like to experiment with light and space so I am covering the interior of the box with white paper so to reflect the light.


Free with a Happy Meal in McDonald's I got a toy periscope. It has two mirrors in it so for you can see around corners. I thought I would use this so that the viewer can look around the interior of the box.




Experimenting with a light projector. I really enjoyed making the slides and playing around with the projector.

 I used a mirror to reflected the image onto a side of the interior of the box, opposite the viewers hole, to create an image that the viewer can see.  By doing this, the image was reversed . I would like but don't have one at the moment is to get a bigger mirror so as to capture the whole image.



 Using different images.



 Looking through the viewer into the box.

Experimenting with a reflective surfaces and how light reflects off it.

Experimenting with difference coloured plastic in making my slide. so I used a red piece of plastic in comparison with a transparent plastic which I coloured with markers. My conclusion with this experiment is that the coloured plastic, even thou quite deep red in colour, reflected a pale image in comparison to the images that were  reflected out form the slides that I made with colouring on the transparent plastic


 I used a roll of tape for the mirror to sit on to lift the image up.


Touch
 This is a photo of my touch box in the process of being made.  I cut two holes in the box so that a person could put there hands in to feel inside the box.  I stapled in both holes some material so that the person can't see inside the box. I did this because i wanted to isolating the sense of touch as much as possible, to intensify there touch sensory awareness.


No comments:

Post a Comment